Makes 4 servings
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 head of cabbage shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Cilantro to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp consome
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s vegan chickengless seasoning
- 5-Piece Ultimate Tool Set in Mediterranean
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauteé until soft and then add in garlic.
- When onion and garlic are fragrant add in the tomato paste and 1⁄2 cup of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil
- Add carrots, zucchini, cabbage, and cilantro to the pot. Stir and add remaining 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Season with spices and let simmer for approximately 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Add chickpeas to the stew for the last 5 minutes of cooking and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top couscous with the vegetable stew and serve.