Is there anything better than the aroma of fresh-baked cookies wafting through the air? (Answer: No.) With festivities right around the corner, it’s time to throw on an apron, grab your GIR tools, follow this delicious holiday recipe, and enjoy! Recipe courtesy of our friend @lizfoodfeed.
Chai Spice Blend:
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger 1
- 4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1.5 stick butter (I used Miyoko's)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp warm water
1. In a small bowl, mix together the spices for the chai blend. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and chai spice blend with your Whisk.
4. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly until it comes together in a ball, adding more flour if too wet. Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Take the chilled dough and roll out to about 1/3 inch thickness. Dust dough lightly with flour (too much and it will show up after baking) and cut out with cookies cutters or molds of your choice. At this step, if you're not using a mold or cutter, scoop into 2 tbsp balls. Transfer gently to a baking sheet lined with your Baking Mat, and freeze for 30 minutes. This will prevent spreading when baking.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. To prepare the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and warm water. Drizzle over warm cookies and let cool to harden.